One of the best series has come to an end, as all things must. With the new episode, "Graduation On Deck", this chapter in Disney has come to a close. I fell as if I know Zack and Cody personally. As they grow up, so have I. When I first saw the original show six years ago, I thought of it as a bit of fun and a good comedy. Slowly, it has grown and matured. I could see myself as Cody, and my older brother as Zack. It was almost heartbreaking to see the Suite Life come to an end. No, scratch that, it was heartbreaking to see it come to an end.
In the episode, dreams were fulfilled, and dreams were crushed. Cody has always been the definition of genius. And Zack, the exact opposite, has always been the ladies man. The thing I hated most was when Maya broke up with Zack. Zack has had more girlfriends than a tree has leaves. Maya was the first girl he has met that seemed to be worth the effort. Maturing and changing himself just so that he could be with Maya, Zack has grown from a goofy teenager into young man. Just when Zack is ready to overcome the ultimate obstacle, the couple being separated by an entire ocean, Maya breaks up with him. She shows that she still loves him, and he returns her feelings. But her actions have made her, in my mind, the worst villaness of all time. With Cody, he has dreamed of going to Yale his whole life. He has the perfect resume, as stated by Zack, and yet the idiots at Yale choose not to accept him. After saving the world from a mad scientist, uncovering a lost Mayan crown, and nearly becoming the chess champion of the world, he cant get into Yale!
London has also grown since she arrived at the Boston Tipton from Paris. No one ever thought she would get out of middle school, let alone graduate from high school. Yet she has surpassed all expectations. Also, Mr. Moesby and Ms. Tuttwhiler have an earth shattering change, something no one expected. Simply put, he put a ring on it!
The end of this series signals the near end of Disney channels best and most mature era. With good shows being replaced by some of the worst TV shows of all time *cough cough* Shake it Up *cough cough*, Disney and CN are slowly degrading into channels that only three year olds would watch. The only quality show left on Disney is Wizards of Waverly Place.
The end of this series has also shown me that my last vestige of a hold of my childhood is slipping from my grasp. I have delayed it as long as I could, wanting to be like Peter Pan. But Disney has opened my eyes and I am finally maturing. I will always hold onto my younger years and stay a child at heart, as we all do. I will also mature and look to the future. That is what I take away from this episode
Sincerely,
S
No comments:
Post a Comment